Thank you for your interest in the Lowell Art & Maker Festival 2017!
The Lowell Art & Makers Festival is a brand new 2-day festival happening in downtown Lowell, MA on September 16 & 17, 2017. Over 60 artist tents will be combined with a maker festival, music, performing artists, interactive public art, and more. With a substantial creative community in the city, we intend to showcase local art and entertainment from Lowell and beyond. We are seeking applications from artists and artisans to display and sell their work during this two-day event.
Eligibility: Works must be original – no imports, manufactured items, or items made from kits. Preference during the Early Bird round will be given to artists who live, work or contribute to Lowell’s artistic community; however, we welcome applications from all artists and artisans!
Jurying Fee: None. Entries will be submitted via online application (below).
Booth Fee: $150 for a 10’x10’ space with one 8’ table and 2 chairs. Early bird applicants pay $120.
- Up to 2 artists may share a 10'x10' booth space; both artists must submit applications and be accepted.
- An 8’ table and 2 chairs are provided in each 10’x10’ space. Vendors may bring other tables or display items with them.
- All items (including boxes of extra stock, and space for the artist(s) to stand/sit) must fit within your 10’x10’ footprint.
- Artists who bring work that differs from what was submitted for jurying will be asked to remove that work and/or leave the festival. There will be no tent fee refunds in this case.
- Artists are expected to staff their booth for the entire time the festival is open - No early breakdown is allowed on either day.
- Setup time on each day will begin at 9:30am.
- This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. Be prepared to setup and sell in any conditions! Festival will only be canceled due to severe weather or a state of emergency.
- On-site storage, either in locked shipping containers or downtown storefronts, will be made available for Saturday night. There is no overnight security available for leaving items in tents.
- Volunteers will be available for booth watching and lunch ordering/delivery on both days.
- Paid parking is available in nearby garages.
- Bathroom facilities will be available on-site.
Early Bird Artist Application Deadline: December 31, 2016 at 5PM
Early Bird Artist Notification Date: January 23, 2017
Early Bird Artist Payment Deadline: February 13, 2017 at 5PM
*** Artists who are not accepted in the Early Bird round can be added (by request) to the next jury round for another chance at acceptance. If you are chosen in that jury round, you will pay the Early Bird booth rate. ***
Artist Application Deadline: May 1, 2017 at 5PM
Artist Notification Date: May 22, 2017
Artist Payment Deadline: June 12, 2017 at 5PM
The application is below. Before you begin, make sure you have 4-6 photos available for upload - the application requires one image of your booth, and at least 3 images of your product. We recommend that you upload the maximum of 5 images of your work.