Jump to: Overview | Call for Artists | Call for Performers | Call for Public Art | Call for Workshops | Business Sponsorships
Calling all makers of the Merrimack Valley and beyond! The Cultural Organization of Lowell (COOL) and Lowell Makes are working to bring you the first Lowell Art & Maker Festival! This new 2-day event will take place in downtown Lowell, MA on September 16-17 from 12pm-6pm each day.
The purpose of this event is bring the communities of makers and artists together and celebrate their work. This festival will give members of the maker community a platform to demonstrate their projects, flaunt their skills, offer workshops, and advertise their products, while also giving artists a platform to display and perform their various visual, theatrical, and musical works.
All submissions for table space must be approved by the festival committee. Original works of all kinds are acceptable, whether you work with wood, metal, electronics, or liquid nitrogen! Just bear in mind that the city of Lowell does not allow explosives or open flames at this event, so please leave your potato cannon at home.
- Each booth is set on a 10’x10’ space.
- A booth costs $150 (early applicants get a discount at $100 (see “Important Dates” section)
- One 8’ table and 2 chairs will be provided at every booth.
- Electrical power will be provided.
- Up to 2 makers may share a booth; both makers must submit applications and be accepted.
- One 8’ table and 2 chairs will be provided for every booth. Vendors may bring other tables or display items with them.
- All items (including boxes of material and makers themselves) must fit within the 10’x10’ booth space.
- Makers are expected to staff their booth for the entire time the festival is open - No early breakdown is allowed on either day.
- Setup time on each day will begin at 9:30am.
- This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. Be prepared to set up and sell under all conditions! Festival will only be canceled due to severe weather or a state of emergency.
- On-site storage, either in locked shipping containers or downtown storefronts, will be made available for Saturday night. There is no overnight security available for leaving items in tents.
- Volunteers will be available for booth watching and lunch ordering/delivery on both days.
- Paid parking is available in nearby garages.
- Bathroom facilities will be available on-site.
- Early Bird Maker Application Deadline: March 31, 2016 at 5PM
- Early Bird Maker Notification Date: April 19, 2017
- Early Bird Maker Payment Deadline: May 5, 2017 at 5PM
- Maker Application Deadline: May 30, 2017 at 5PM
- Maker Notification Date: July 25, 2017
- Maker Payment Deadline: August 1, 2017 at 5PM
- The Festival! September 16-17, 2017
For any questions specific to the makers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
47 Lee Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Phone: +1 978-905-8123